MENTAL HEALTHCARE CPD Approved By : DCAS, DHA, HAAD, MOH
Duration : 1 Day
DThe terms of “mental health” and “mental illness”.
Course Outline :
At the end of the course, Students will be able to identify & describe:
- The terms of “mental health” and “mental illness”.
- Be aware of the general assumptions and prejudices about mental health problems.
- Recognize some of the signs and symptoms of mental health problems.
- Have a basic knowledge of some common mental illnesses including depression, anxiety, SAD, OCD, panic attacks, eating disorders, schizophrenia, and bi-polar disorder.
- Understand how it might feel to have a mental health problem
- Know how to communicate more effectively with people who have mental health problems.
- Be introduced to basic tools for coping with mental ill health
The process of promoting the health of individuals with mental health challenges is an integral component of professional nursing practice. This course provides a philosophical and theoretical foundation for understanding mental health challenges as well as the nursing interventions to promote mental health care.