Level 2 Fire Warden / Fire Marshal
The course is designed for staff who are appointed as Fire Warden/Marshall in their company. Students will learn the basic concept of firefighting, safe evacuation plans, and Risks Assessment for their premises.
- Key learning points:
- Awareness of the effects of fire and smoke
- Understanding of the triangle of fire
- Understanding of fire procedures
- Ability to use fire extinguishers safely
- Demonstrate safe operation of portable fire-fighting equipment.
- Understand actions to be taken in the event of a fire, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting emergency services
- Understand the evacuation and emergency assembly point procedures.
- Fire Safety Training Introduction (Chapter 1)
- Causes of fire (Chapter 2)
- Extinguishment Theory (Chapter 3)
- Classifications of fire (Chapter 4)
- Fire Extinguishers (Chapter 5)
- The PASS Method (Chapter 6)
- Evacuation Procedures (Chapter 7)
- Final Assessment – Fire Safety Training
- All units must be completed
- Leads to a certification with a duration: 2 years