IOSH Managing Safely
The IOSH Managing Safely is a key qualification for all supervisors and line managers. Accidents can happen in any workplace and avoiding them can be a simple process. Give managers and supervisors the knowledge and skills they need to manage health and safety within their teams. Upon successful completion of the course and assessment, students are awarded a Managing Safely certificate from IOSH – the world’s largest health and safety membership organization.
To give managers and supervisors an understanding of everyone’s safety and health responsibilities in the workplace. To enable managers and supervisors to recognize how they can influence, control, and monitor risk to improve safety and health issues in the workplace.
The learner will be able to:
- Describe the key reasons to manage safety and health in the workplace
- Define key terms relating to safety and health
- Identify how the law can have an impact on safety and health in the workplace
- Describe how to assess, reduce and control risk in the workplace
- Identify workplace hazards and risks, their impact and how to manage them
- Identify how to evaluate and respond to an incident
- List the benefits and characteristics of an effective health and safety management system
- Introducing Managing Safely
- Assessing Risk
- Controlling Risks
- Understanding Responsibilities
- Understanding Hazards
- Investigating Incidents
- Measuring Performance
IOSH Managing Safely is assessed by a 30 question mixed-format exam and a short practical assessment (a workplace risk assessment) completed at the end of the course. If you are studying online, your exam is online and the practical assessment completed at your workplace.