Level 1 Basic Fire Safety Training | DCD Approved
Who must attend?
Federal Law No.505 requires all employers to provide adequate training in fire awareness for certain percentages of total members of their staff as per the category of the trade license(s)
Category A- 10% of staff
Category B- 20%
Category C- 30%
Save Fast basic fire safety training is designed to teach you preventive measures that will eliminate or minimize causes of fire or fire hazards in the workplace, and to teach you proper emergency and evacuation procedures in the event of a fire eliminate the causes of fire and prevent loss of life and property by fire. The training will provide the attendees with information and guidelines which will assist in recognizing, reporting, and controlling as well as eliminating the causes of fires and fire hazards.
The methodology of this training is lively and interactive.
Key learning points: • Awareness of effects of fire and smoke • Understanding of the triangle of fire • Understanding of fire procedures • Ability to use fire extinguishers safely • Demonstrate safe operation of portable fire-fighting equipment. • Understand actions to be taken in the event of a fire, including methods of raising the alarm and contacting emergency services
- Fire Safety Training Introduction (Chapter 1)
- Causes of fire (Chapter 2)
- Extinguishment Theory (Chapter 3)
- Classifications of fire (Chapter 4)
- Fire Extinguishers (Chapter 5)
- The PASS Method (Chapter 6)
- Final Assessment – Fire Safety Training
- All units must be completed
- Leads to a certification with a duration: 2 years