to ensure that any employee who handles food is trained in basic food hygiene.
and good hygiene practices in food businesses.
Maximum 20 participants per batch
Key learning points:
• Common food hygiene Terminology
• Food Safety Law and Legislation
• Food Safety Hazards
• Temperature Danger Zone
• Food Poisoning
• Cross Contamination
• Spoilage and Preservation of Food
• Measures and Controls throughout the flow of food in Operation
• Good Hygiene Practices
• Pest Infestation signs
• Waste Disposal
• Stages of Cleaning and Disinfection
All food handlers working in hotels, restaurants, cafes, cafeteria, catering,
manufacturing, processing companies, food warehouses and stores,
hypermarkets, supermarkets, hospital kitchens, meat & fish stall operators,
food transport drivers, maintenance staffs, housekeeping staffs, stewarding
staffs and any person involved directly with food in Dubai, should attend this
course in line with the requirements of the Food Control Department of Dubai Municipality.
• Introduction to Food Safety
• Benefits of good Food Hygiene
• Costs of poor Food Hygiene
• Food safety Hazards and their Control
• Factors for Bacterial growth and their Control
• Food safety Control Measures in Operation
• Personal Hygiene Practices
• Pest Control methods and Prevention of Pest Infestation
• Waste Disposal
• Cleaning and Disinfection
• Food Safety Legislation.
Examination will be conducted at the end of the session, which has 30
multiple choice questions and time duration of 30 minutes. Minimum
percentage to pass the examination is 60%. On passing the examination,
municipality issues approval for the food handler, which is valid for 1 year.